For more than two decades, Dr. Smith has been helping patients who have all types of joint discomforts. In fact, it is not unusual for him to have treated a number of generations in one family. With his comprehensive, patient-centered approach, Dr. Smith has special expertise in treating shoulder, knee and pain - improving mobility with a focus on using the least invasive treatments.
One of the first orthopedic surgeons in the greater Chicago area to perform laser arthroscopy, Dr. Smith is consistently up-to-date on the most innovative procedures and technologies. For example, an advanced knee replacement technique using a Computer-Assisted Surgical (CAS) navigation system enables him to fit a new knee with pinpoint accuracy. This means patients can count on less pain after surgery, less wear on their joint and better mobility.
Dr. Smith uses minimally invasive techniques such as the Anterior Approach hip replacements procedures with many our patients. By using this technique, almost all patients' recovery times are drastically reduced versus a traditional manual surgical approach. Setup an office appointment to speak to Dr. Smith about orthopedic health concerns and how these techniques may help your quality of life. We will help make the determination if this replacement surgery is right for you.
For Anterior Approach hip replacement please call our Scheduling Department at (708) 423-8440, option #1.
- Board Certified - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Post Graduate Study Fellowships
- Biomechanics, University of Washington, 1977
- Spine Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, 1979
- Residency and Internship
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Loyola University Medical Center, 1980
- General Surgery Internship, University of Minnesota, 1975
- University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, M.D., 1974
- England Orthopaedic Externship, University of Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, 1973
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, S.B. Electrical Engineering, 1970
- Dynamic Shoulder Evaluation Using Ultrasound
- Ultrasound Guided Shoulder Injections
- Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgeries
- Shoulder Joint Replacements
- Saturday Shoulder Clinics
- Ultrasound Guided Hip Injections To Relieve Inflammation
- Arthroscopic Hip Surgeries
- Performs “Anterior Approach” Hip Replacement Surgeries
- Non-Operative Knee Treatments
- Ultrasound Guided Knee Injections
- Arthroscopic Knee Surgeries
- Computer Assisted Total Knee Replacement Surgery Last 8+ Years