Specializing in knee and shoulder disorders, Dr. Joseph Thometz brings a wealth of knowledge to his patients. His philosophy is simple: care for each patient as he would want to be cared for. Dr. Thometz relies on a variety of non-invasive and minimally invasive options to manage pain, reduce recovery time and improve joint mobility - whether performing a joint replacement or simpler procedure.
Treatment may include medication, physical therapy, steroid injection therapy and visco-supplementation. Dr. Thometz is also an expert in arthroscopic rotator cuff repair and ligament reconstruction - both minimally invasive approaches that reduce post-operative pain and recovery time.
Dr. Thometz uses minimally invasive techniques such as the Anterior Approach hip replacements procedures with many our patients. By using this technique, almost all patients' recovery times are drastically reduced versus a traditional manual surgical approach. Setup an office appointment to speak to Dr. Thometz about orthopedic health concerns and how these techniques may help your quality of life. We will help make the determination if this replacement surgery is right for you.
For Anterior Approach hip replacement please call our Scheduling Department at (708) 423-8440, option #1.
- Board Certified - American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Post Graduate Study Fellowships
- Sports Medicine, University of Minnesota, 1990
- Residency and Internship
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Southern Illinois University, 1989
- Orthopedic Surgery Residency, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center, 1988
- General Surgery Internship, Southern Illinois University , 1989
- Northwestern University, M.D., 1984
- Northwestern University, B.S., 1982